Best corded telephones
In a day and age when mobile services are available virtually in every corner of the world, it is hard to believe that corded phones are still a thing. However, there are circumstances when a landline is necessary. While there are companies that use cell phones for their front desks, a corded phone is more reliable. With that in mind, manufacturers still produce landlines, and they do not seem to go away anytime soon.
The advantages of using a corded phone
As I mentioned above, corded phones are still on the market, and there are a few reasons why that is. The fact that they are more reliable than mobile phones is one of those reasons, but the reliability I am talking about refers to several aspects. Here are the benefits of a corded phone over a cell phone.
- It is more reliable in areas with poor cell phone signal – I guess you know what I am talking about. There are places where you might as well feel as in a bunker. The signal does not reach, but you need to be reachable at all times. A corded phone will provide that wherever you may be. It may not apply to all people, but some of them actually want to feel sure about the fact that they can be contacted at all times.
- It is almost necessary for all homes – there may be individuals who do not have a landline, but in fact, it may prove to be more useful than you think. I am not talking about the moments when you lose your phone, and you call just to find it, but a corded phone in your kitchen, living room or study can be a matter of convenience. Not to mention that it comes in handy when you want to make calls that your mobile services do not cover (g., international calls.)
- It is the best option for companies – a landline is the preferred kind of reachability for corporations. There are many reasons for that. For example, a corded phone, due to its design and functions, will allow you to take multiple calls at the same time. A cell phone can do that as well, but not in the same capacity. At the same time, a landline allows multiple lines to be used at the same time, which comes in handy in several situations.
- It provides better sound quality – while today’s cell phones have a superior sound quality, they cannot beat the one of a landline. It makes sense in a way. After all, the cord cannot be interrupted except when it is damaged. Apart from that, the sound that comes into the receiver is better than the one provided by a cellphone.
- It will never turn off – in order to turn off a landline, you need to unplug it. As long as you leave it be, you never have to worry about battery power. While that may not mean much to you, it is nice to know that you have a phone that will never turn off.
- It is cost efficient – having a corded phone will save you some money. All landline providers have low prices when it comes to it, and the bill will be lower than any cell phone plan available. That is one of the reasons why companies prefer it. When you have to make calls all day every day, you need reliability at low rates. A corded phone will provide precisely that.
How to choose the best corded phone
You may be surprised to know that there are multiple corded phone manufacturers. It is not a dying business yet, and there is technological advancement in this field as well. If you want a corded phone, you need to know what consider before making a purchase. The task is not challenging, but if you need some help as to what to look at, here is what you need to consider when looking for the best corded phone.
- Design – perhaps the way a corded phone looks is not essential, but there are a few related aspects that most people care about. For example, the layout and the size of the buttons. Small buttons may be uncomfortable to use, which is why they need to be relatively big. They are easier to push and see. The layout is also important, which is why look at the design before you buy.
- Caller ID – we are long past the age when we do not know who is calling us. Of course, you know the conditions, but it comes in handy at times. Knowing who is calling you will give you a clearer picture of what the conversation may be about.
- Memory – dialing every phone number whenever you need to make a call is inconvenient at best, which is why memory is essential. Depending on the model, you can memorize multiple phone numbers. Usually, people put in numbers they use most often, but if you buy a model with significant memory capacity, you can register up to 100 phone numbers. Usually, corded phones designed for office use have that kind of capacity.
- Display – while this may have the same amount of relevance as design, a display can make the difference. In my opinion, the display should be relatively large, and the backlit versions are always better than the ones on which you cannot see in the dark. Also, what the screen displays is also something you should look at. Date and time are the most common features.
- Built-in speakerphone – a landline should give you the ability to make or to receive hands-free calls. It is beneficial in some cases, and it allows you to multitask while you are taking a call.
- Additional features – if you find a model within your price range that comes with extra features, then you should take it. Small things like adjustable volume can make a difference for you as a user, which is why you should take advantage of everything you can get. Also, one other feature that I appreciate is the fact that some corded phones come with a headset. However, a headset without noise canceling headphones is the same as a conventional receiver, which is why you should consider that.
What are the best corded phones?
With the tips mentioned above, you should be able to make an informed decision, and you should know what product to buy. However, if you do not want to bother with the task, I found three excellent products that should satisfy your needs. Neither of them is expensive, and they are among the best corded phones you can find at a relatively low price.
AT&T CL2940 Corded Phone
There is no doubt that you have heard of AT&T before, and the fact is that this company is one of the largest on the market when it comes to voice services. At the same time, the manufacturer gives you the opportunity of buying phones such as the CL2940 model, and they do not disappoint. This model is one of the best sellers on the market, and it is easy to see why. It has plenty of features, and customers reviews have only good things to say about it.
You have all the features you need, like caller ID and call waiting, and the speakerphone has a convenient volume control. At the same time, the phone has a feature called audio assist. It makes voices sound loud and clear on both ends, which you have to admit that is very useful. The volume can be adjusted both on the ringer and on the receiver. The menu setup can be made in English, Spanish, and French.
As for design, this corded phone has an extra large tilt LCD display and extra large buttons. Together with the extra loud ringer, the other features make this model perfect for the elderly. As for memory, the AT&T CL2940 has the capacity of memorizing 65 phone numbers, which IS more than enough for most people. While the phone does not need AC power to function, if you need the caller ID feature to work, you need four AA batteries (which you need to buy separately.)
Valoin Corded Phone with Headset
This particular model is perfect for companies with a front desk. The assistant manager or secretary can handle it with ease while doing other things at the same time like working on the computer, taking notes, or other tasks that require both hands. It can increase work productivity and efficiency. We all know that a front office can often be crowded, which is why the Valoin corded phone is perfect.
The Valoin can be set up with ease. All you need to do is connect the dial pad to your existing phone jack. Getting and making calls is also a piece of cake. You have an on/off button, a button that mutes the microphone, and the flash and redial buttons come in handy, providing smooth operation. As for sounds, the microphone of this corded phone is equipped with noise-canceling technology so that your voice is clear and loud enough. The headset will also cancel the noise around you so that you can hear loud and clear whatever is being told to you on the phone. The communication between the operator and the caller is flawless.
Other features include flexible volume adjustment (scrolling button) that will make your experience more comfortable. As for the headset itself, it is very comfortable to wear, so wearing it 8 hours a day should not be an issue. When not in use, the headset can be placed on a mount attached to the phone itself.
VTech CS6649 Expandable Corded Phone
Last but not least, the model provided by VTech is yet another excellent product that I think you will enjoy using. It is a
high-quality corded phone that has useful features, and it will serve you right. It has a digital answering system and uses DECT 6.0 digital technology. Let’s just say that this is not the conventional corded phone you can find on the market, but it brings something extra, something that people who have already bought it love.
The VTech corded phone allows dual calling and calls waiting, which makes it ideal for companies. It is equipped with handset and speakerphones for efficient work. The display is large and has a backlight for more visibility, and the keypad is backlit as well. That should help you in dark environment.
The expandable feature that the title refers to is the fact that the VTech can handle as many as 5 handsets. Of course, you need accessories that are compatible with the CS6609, but the manufacturer provides those, so you should have no issues in procuring them. There is also an ECO mode you can use for power saving purposes. You can place it both on a table and on a wall. As for memory, this phone can store up to 50 calls. As you can imagine, it has caller ID.
Looking at all three models, making a choice is quite easy, but it depends on what you need the corded phone for. However, if I were to choose one, I would go with the AT&T CL2940 Corded Phone. Its features are generally sought, and the quality is not to be questioned. Also, the fact that it can memorize 100 phone numbers is a huge selling point. The price is not high either, which is why I think it is one of the best corded phones you can find.
While we live in a world governed by mobile phones, corded phones are not dead yet. And I do not think that they will become obsolete anytime soon. We need them, at home or in the office, and if you are looking for one, one of the models above should be more than satisfactory. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Read What the Experts Think About Corded Landline Phone with Caller Id
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Cordless Wall Phone
- What to Expect From Buy Landline Phone?
- Wired Phone Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Getting the Best Telephone Corded
- What You Need to Know About Wall Phones for Sale and Why
- The Honest to Goodness Truth on Corded Desk Phone
- Techniques for Wall Telephones Only the Experts Know About
- Key Pieces of House Phones for Sale
- Untold Stories About Corded Phone Handset That You Must Read
- Unusual Article Uncovers the Deceptive Practices of Corded Telephones for Sale
- Top Buy Cordless Phone Guide!
- The Wall Mounted Phones Chronicles
- The Most Incredibly Ignored Answer for Wall Mounted Telephones
- What Is So Fascinating About Landline Wall Phones?
- What Best Corded Phone with Answering Machine Is – and What it Is Not
- The Pitfall of Landline Phones Online
- Unbiased Report Exposes the Unanswered Questions on Cordless Phones Online
- Short Article Reveals the Undeniable Facts About Landline Phones for Sale and How It Can Affect You
- An Actionable Guide on Best Corded Telephone in Simple Step by Step Order
- The Insider Secrets of Corded Phones for Sale
- Things You Won’t Like About Cheap Corded Phone and Things You Will
- Corded Home Phone Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Definitions of Landline Telephone
- Corded Phone with Answering Machine – a Short Overview
- The Upside to Cordless Landline Phone
- Want to Know More About Corded Wall Phone?
- Rumors, Lies and Telephones Online
- A Review of Landline Corded Phones
- The Upside to Telephones for Sale
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Cord Phone Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- Most Noticeable Wall Phone
- Corded Landline Phone Reviews & Tips
- Getting the Best Corded Telephones
- Things You Should Know About Corded Phone